Senior Software Development Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Amazon Advertising seeks the world's brightest and best software engineers to help us build next-generation solutions that enable sellers, vendors, and their partners to grow their brands and business with Amazon via multi-channel advertising including display and video.
We specifically seek candidates who want to join a team focused on building large-scale systems that integrate across multiple sources to provide unique advertising products. These products drive marketing investments into Amazon by giving advertisers the controls and data necessary to prove the efficacy of Amazon advertising and retail promotion programs to eCommerce and brand advertisers.
In this role you influence design and deliver solutions for significant portion of our advertising business focused on the needs of the most sophisticated advertisers representing some of the best-loved brands in the world.
The right candidate will challenge themselves to develop innovative products and disruptive business strategies. They are obsessed with unleashing the business potential our customers demand and transforming the digital advertising landscape by leveraging the world's foremost eCommerce platform to generate novel advertising solutions.
The individual in this role will have responsibility for software development from inception through delivery. You will working across a diverse set of technology and increase your influence by earning the trust of your peers by delivering exceptional results.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Excellent interpersonal communication and strong verbal and written skills
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Familiarity with advertising technology, including DSPs and related systems
• Familiarity with eCommerce and related systems
• Strong data analysis skills, including hands-on SQL, Python, R or similar experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top