Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you excited about the online streaming future of the NFL, French Open, UEFA Champion's League, and English Premiere League? That's just half of it! We are also the home of The Expanse, The Boys, Lord of the Rings, and the largest streaming content library in the world. Delivery Technology is responsible for making sure every byte of video gets to our millions of customers globally, at the highest quality possible. We are growing rapidly and looking for talented engineers who are up for one of the biggest challenges in the video streaming business- live-streaming millions of concurrent streams and delivering high-quality content to millions of users WW on demand.
As Senior SDE on our team, you will build systems that serve billions of requests per day, exabytes of video content downloaded every day, with ultra-low latency design, with high reliability and low operational overhead. We leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including AWS CloudFront, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, Athena, and internal AWS incubator technologies. We also leverage open source technologies like docker, Kubernetes and nginx.
Successful candidates have a solid background in modern programming languages, distributed system design, service-oriented architecture. Experience with video streaming or large-scale networking is a plus. Equally important is the ability to multi-task, invent, create reliable and maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Experience in video streaming technologies and large scale networking.
• Must have hands on experience to analyze Wireshark and Ethereal traces.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top