Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers consume and interact with video content.
Come be a founding member of the team within Prime Video that is building new Edge compute and caching platform (hardware and software technology) from the ground up which needs to scale to terabits of video streaming per second to deliver premium live and on-demand content using both traditional delivery technologies, and groundbreaking new UDP-based technology being developed in-house.
As Senior SDE on our team, you will build systems that serve billions of requests per day, exabytes of video content downloaded every day, with ultra-low latency design, with high reliability and low operational overhead. We leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including AWS CloudFront, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, Athena, and internal AWS incubator technologies. We also leverage open source technologies like docker, Kubernetes and nginx.
Successful candidates have a solid background in modern programming languages, distributed system design, service-oriented architecture, and video streaming technologies. Experience in large-scale networking, osi model, tcp/ip, lan/wan, routers, firewalls, dhcp, vlans, bgp/ebgp and ip networks including interactions with provider networks. Equally important is the ability to multi-task, invent, create reliable and maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Experience in video streaming technologies and large scale networking.
• Must have hands on experience to analyze Wireshark and Ethereal traces.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top