Senior Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer - Systems, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative developer tools. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building Android systems and applications. The candidate understands what the limitations of the platform are and can design and implement additional services or help optimize existing ones to meet the product requirements. The ideal candidate:
- Has in-depth expertise working with Android distributions and understands how the emulator works
- Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when releasing software to developers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- 2+ years of current experience working with Android internals
- Knowledge of embedded development constraints
- Experience conducting data analysis and debugging
- Experience coding in C/C++
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience with different emulator and simulator technologies, such as QEMU
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Can mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top