Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is the centerpiece the Amazon Web Services (AWS) family of cloud infrastructure services. We are starting new, exciting and immensely business impacting initiatives. Specifically, we will be building new scalable services to disruptively enhance the EC2 launch experience for all EC2 customers across various flavors, scenarios, and requirements. This is a highly visible opportunity to solve technically complex business problems and to empower customers get most out of EC2.
We are seeking customer and detail-oriented leaders to build and a grow a cohesive team of talented engineers. The successful candidate will have strong technical leadership experience, and have a proven track-record to deliver results. You have a strong software engineering background, with an interest for working with large-scale data systems. You engage with customers to understand their needs, show excellent judgement in establishing priorities, and can successfully manage implementation in an agile environment. We want to move fast and work closely together on small teams to solve big problems. Creativity, imagination, rapid execution, and strong communication skills are critical to build new and exciting products for our customers. While we want to be scrappy in the right way, long term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 2+ years of experience technical leadership on software engineering teams
- 5+ years of software development experience in object-oriented design and coding in Java or C++ or related technologies
- Strong design, architecture, and problem-solving skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A proven track record of working with business leaders and product managers to ship products
-Prefer 10-12 years experience
- Experience in leading customer facing services and products
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly then iterating on the experience
- Experience building distributed systems and platforms
Back to top