Are you passionate about technology and solving hard problems? Do you want to grow your skills as you help us grow and scale the world's largest cloud computing service? Do you want to make history and have fun doing it?
AWS Elastic Load Balancing/EC2 Networking is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer for a critical part of its service that delivers a distributed Network Function Virtualization (NFV) platform. This team owns the data plane systems used for both customer-facing services such as NAT Gateway, Elastic File System, Load Balancers, AWS service endpoints as well as many internal AWS services. This is a balanced team of senior and junior engineers that has proven it can deliver very important features for our customers. This leader will own a key part of the service, setting the team culture, best practices, mentoring, and delivering on the product roadmap. The successful candidate will be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, be very customer-centric and able to think big!
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of cloud computing as well as about building great resilient, scalable and high-performance distributed services. This strong leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a rapid growth environment exhibiting abilities to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. They are a seasoned, mature engineering leader who is comfortable working in a fast-paced team. This person has a proven track record of building a culture centered on customer focus, efficient execution, high quality, rigorous testing, deep monitoring, and solid deployment practices. AWS in general, and this business in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles
- Passion for great customer experience and quality
- Software development experience in C, C++, UNIX tools
- Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and AWS VPC features
- A passion for people management and mentoring
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Internet and operating system security