Interested in working with the latest technology in the cloud computing space?
The Amazon People Engine team is building cutting edge solutions to enable employees and managers to self-serve changes across all human resource processes.
Join us in building an innovative technology using Amazon Web Services to meet the complex and unique demands of managing more than 2,000,000 employees globally; onboarding more than 100,000 employees in four weeks. We dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecture, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our offerings.
If you're thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new platforms, features and services from scratch and comfortable with the pace of a company shipping software in cycles measured in weeks not years, we would love to connect with you.
We are looking for developers with strong computer science fundamentals, including UX design, data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis. If you have a track record of designing and building scalable, complex solutions across distributed systems in an agile environment, we want to talk to you.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience
• Demonstrated strong coding and design proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication
• Strong knowledge of front-end frameworks like React, Angular, and Backbone
• Familiarity with object-oriented design and RESTful web services
• Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language, e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, or Node.js.
• Experience instrumenting applications with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
• Willingness to mentor junior engineers
• Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.