Senior Software Development Engineer
- Irvine, CA
Alexa is the ground-breaking personal assistant from Amazon that is re-inventing the Smart Home. Alexa enables control of the entire home with your voice, the simplest and most natural form of communication. The Alexa Smart Home mobile and website experiences are essential companions for Amazon Echo, Tap, and Echo Dot. Together, they form the platform that allows customers to interact directly with the connected home, controlling lighting and temperature today and enabling home automation experiences that customers have never dreamed of before.
Who We Are:
Alexa Smart Home team is an organization of full-stack engineers committed to bringing innovative Smart Home experiences to Amazon customers. We have deep expertise across the stack, from front-end to backend, iOS, and Android. We are data-driven and focus on making the smart home simpler and more convenient for people who use Alexa every day. We are growing rapidly and looking for software development managers to build and lead talented engineering teams.
This is a Senior Software Development Engineer position with Alexa Smart Home's development team.
Who You Are:
• You are a software engineer passionate about the vision for Alexa
• You are a leader of high-impact engineering projects who sets the standard for quality, performance, and reliability in your team and organization
• You are a teammate, looking to have fun while making history
• BS in Computer Science, or equivalent background in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
• 3+ years professional experience building and operating scalable distributed systems across the full software lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
• Programming experience in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C# or C++.
• Hands-on experience across front-end user interfaces, business logic, and data tiers.
• Experience serving as technical lead, including mentorship of more junior software developers.
• Experience working with React Native
• Experience working in an agile, fast-iterating software development environment
• Experience working in large, cross-team projects
• Experience in technical communication with peers and non-technical project roles
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top