Amazon's Prime Video is a premium entertainment video on-demand service that offers customers a great choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (produced by Amazon Studios), such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available to Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, as well as live events including US Open tennis matches and NFL since 2018 and Premier League games since 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, HBO, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long-term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast it is now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide. We work in a dynamic and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
The Video Commerce Workflow team is building a core Commerce-as-a-Service platform that allows all of Prime Video and other digital businesses in Amazon (like Twitch's gaming services) to deliver, personalise and transact subscriptions, rentals and purchases for our customers. We leverage industry leading technologies to enhance customer experience on mobile, big screen, web browsers, Amazon and non-Amazon living room devices.
We're seeking strong Software Engineers with a keen interest in integrating diverse services into well-orchestrated commerce workflows, offering customers a great experience on any device (like Living Room devices, iOS, Android, Alexa, FireTV among others) in any location around the world. We partner with Amazon teams launching products, shortening time-to-market through configuration-driven reusable components. Our platform stretches the traditional notions of scale, even for Amazon! A successful candidate will have a solid background in developing reusable software components and building globally scalable solutions, strong analytical and technical abilities, excellent organisational and communication skills, motivation and tenacity to deliver results in a fast-paced environment, and, of course, a passion for TV and films.
• Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Extensive experience applying Computer Science and best software engineering practices to systems architecture, design and implementation
• Solid experience with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimisation, resiliency, availability and exception handling
• Track record of developing other large-scale distributed systems and hands-on experience with cloud computing and high-availability service-oriented architectures
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
• Powerful and influential written and verbal English communications skills
• Experience taking a lead role in developing complex software systems that have been successfully launched to customers
• Experience in driving systemic operational improvements
• Experience working with cross-functional teams including communicating with other technical teams, product management, and senior management
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of the software engineering craft
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with workflow orchestration solutions like AWS Step Functions
• Knowledge of professional best software engineering and DevOps practices across the full software development life cycle, including coding quality standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and automation, deployment and pipeline management, service readiness and operations, maintenance and support
• Hands-on expertise in technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and points in between
• Experience working with AWS infrastructure and services
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.