Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon S3 powers businesses across the globe that make the lives of consumers better daily. Whether its electronic content delivered to your home, technology that betters your remote working experience, allows you to plan travel to exotic places or simply get stuff delivered to your home. As a Software Development Engineer in S3, you get to deliver these capabilities and delight our customers through teams of talented engineers and leaders.
Our team is responsible for managing one of the biggest fleets in S3. We're building the next generation control plane for automating management of the fleet, and optimizing it for efficiency and reliability.
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so that we're all able to maintain high standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our SLAs. In order to minimize the impact of such excursions, we do have On-Call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, you can focus on your day job :)
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering and LGBTQ+
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, OO and core Computer Science concepts
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern OO programming language such as Java, Kotlin, Go, or C++
• Experience with building highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Understanding of networking protocols
• Understanding of how storage systems work
• Comfortable using Linux environments
• Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top