With Alexa devices proliferating across homes, offices, cars and mobile, Alexa is going to play a significant role in helping customers capture their needs in the moment. The Alexa Shopping List team is enabling this vision by becoming the preferred way to capture and manage customers' grocery needs. By combining the ease of talking to Alexa with social shopping through sophisticated AI to automatically build your list and find you the best deals, we will transform how customers shop in stores and online. We will help customers anticipate and keep track of what they need, help them save time and get the best value while shopping. We will ensure they always get everything on their shopping list without forgetting anything.
What you will do: You will have the opportunity to contribute to and develop deep expertise in the areas of distributed systems, machine learning, conversational technologies, front-end app development, data storage and data pipelines. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have an impact on Amazon's Alexa experiences and the way shopping is done in the area of virtual assistants, chatbots and IoT. And finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages. You will be working closely with multiple product managers and engineers from partner teams in Amazon Retail, Alexa, Speech Recognition and a Research Sciences team.
What we are looking for a talented and experienced engineer to design and develop the voice and visual experiences, machine learning models and the distributed systems that bring this vision together. We will welcome previous experience in any one of these areas or a full-stack experience that spans multiple front-end and backend technologies.
• • 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Enrolled in, or received at a minimum a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
• Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
• • Master's or higher degree in computer science or related field such as mathematics, engineering, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
• Demonstrated ability to create advanced architectures and sustainable solutions
• Demonstrated success in peer mentoring and leadership
• OO design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype, and finally implementation
• Expertise in a variety of programming languages and open-source technologies
• Proven engineering leadership in driving operational excellence
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
• Experience with Machine Learning