Senior Software Development Engineer
Do you want to help design and build a service that is used by millions of customers every day? Are you passionate about architecting highly available and large-scale services?
If the answer is yes, the Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) team wants to talk with you. ELB is a disruptive new service that offers customers incredibly scalable and robust load balancing technology.
Why should you join the Amazon ELB team?
- We ship software frequently, get fast feedback from real customers around the globe, and see the results of our work come to fruition. The Amazon ELB service is deployed globally to 16 regions today, and is growing at an extremely rapid rate.
- There are real-world problems to solve that you won't find ready-made answers for. For example, how do you ensure customers can scale their application quickly to handle traffic spikes and then back down in a matter of minutes? How do you design a load balancing solution that allows customers to quickly and easily achieve the highest levels of fault tolerance using Amazon EC2?
- We are now designing and building the next generation of ELB systems capable of handling massive amounts of data per day, and growing from there. This is a unique opportunity to help build large-scale systems from the ground up.
If this sounds great and you are up to the challenge, we'd love to hear from you. Amazon Web Services is changing the world, and this is a great opportunity to be a part of this exciting business.
For more information, visit the Amazon ELB detail page: http://aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing
- MS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years experience. Or BS in Computer Science or related field and 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience building scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform
- Fluency with C/C++, or a major programming language
- MS Computer Science or related field and 6+ years of software development experience
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- Experience with load balancing technologies such as Netscaler, HAProxy, or Nginx
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top