Senior Software Development Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Do you believe cloud computing will be a disruptive force in industry and education? Do you want to architect and develop new tools to help institutions, educators, and students prepare for the cloud-enabled workforce of tomorrow? In this position, you will own the development of a technical vision to build out a new platform to support AWS Educate, our program to enable students and educators to learn on AWS and develop key cloud skills.
As s Senior Software Development Engineer, you will provide technical leadership and ownership over the design, architecture, development, delivery, and operation of the software behind AWS Educate. You'll be building new software designed to take advantage of the latest AWS offerings and provide a top-flight user experience.
A successful Senior Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical leader. The software you will be responsible for will require a breadth of technical development knowledge. Daily work will involve writing and reviewing code, authoring and reviewing design and architecture documents, mentoring other engineers on the team, and interacting with designers, managers, and other stakeholders.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
• Experience with data modeling for NoSQL databases such as Amazon DynamoDB.
• Experience with TypeScript and React.js.
• Experience with web application security, especially identity and authentication protocols.
• Experience designing applications for a global audience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to deliver high quality documents at an appropriate level of detail.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top