Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon MAKO Smart Home team is looking for a Senior SDE to lead a team of six other engineers in a green-field project. You will leverage a wide variety of technologies across machine learning, AWS, and front end frameworks to build hugely impactful features for millions of customers all over the world.
The Amazon MAKO (Multi-channel Architecture and Knowledge Organization) charter is to build platforms and programs that help customers discover, choose, purchase, and use Amazon Devices, including Amazon Echo & Alexa products, Dash Buttons, Fire Tablets, Kindle E-readers, Fire TV products, and many emerging products. We are a cross-functional team that builds experiences online through mobile and desktop. We are also multi-channel through our support of offline retail, voice shopping, and more.
The Smart Home team builds personalized features for every page on Amazon to help customers understand the Smart Home space. This is a new category with plenty of challenges in customer education, product setup and installation, Alexa connections, and product discoverability. This is a new space for us with loads of potential and we are looking for eager engineers to reshape the Smart Home journey on Amazon. We have an ambitious goal to make every home a Smart Home, which requires highly scalable and personalized experiences tailored to each customer.
Successful candidates have a strong desire to learn, embrace working on the full stack, and have a keen eye for designing highly scalable, available, and maintainable systems. We are particularly interested in candidates with a background in building scalable, personalized shopping experiences. If you love learning, growing, and writing elegant software, then Amazon MAKO is the team for you.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 7+ years of industry experience building software applications and products
• 5+ years of experience in distributed system design and algorithms
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Objective C, or Java
• Experience in machine learning
• Experience in full-stack development
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architecture, design, and code to bring them to life.
Back to top