Are you interested in creating solutions that allow our customers to access all of their applications and data from any device, anywhere?
The End User Computing market is growing at an incredible pace with a rapid increase in adoption and growth. We are a fun loving group of creative engineers solving some of the most interesting problems associated with providing secure, reliable, fast and highly scalable solutions. In the process you will have the opportunity to work on a number of industry leading AWS services including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis and SWF. You will also have the opportunity to own and shape the growth of multiple new components and features, thus providing you the opportunity to accelerate your learning in an environment that values work life balance.
We operate like a startup in a big company - our engineers work closely with product management and user experience designers to build best-in-class services and apps. Our engineers are owners who identify, define, and build solutions that delight millions of customers every day. We are building our organization based on smart people, diversity of perspective and experience, and looking for individuals with a "can-do" attitude who love to tackle hard problems.
What you'll do:
• Be an integral part of an exceptionally talented team. Working in a fast paced environment with rapid feature delivery to our customers.
• Brainstorm, build and ship new and exciting features that revolutionize the way people browse the web. You have the opportunity to own a features/experiences from inception to delivery.
This team is a good fit for you if:
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in having a firsthand impact on Amazon's global customer base
• You truly care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology
• You like to solve interesting technology problems
• You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment
• You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years total industry experience
• Chromium development experience a strong plus
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in systems design and networking
• Strong expertise in C++
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a team setting
• Ability to mentor team members as well as build relationships with business and technical leadership
• Additional locations include: Seattle WA
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority /
Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance,
we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.