Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle? At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate & build things for the benefit of our customers. Our intense focus on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands it is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers play an instrumental role in utilizing cutting edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work.
Our Software Development positions require a depth and breadth of knowledge in design and development, experience with agile methodologies, proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language, and experience building highly scalable systems involving distributed services and persistent storage. As an Amazon Software Development Engineer, you will own the design of major deliverables in a high-visibility, agile, and fast-paced environment that encourages experimentation, innovative technology solutions, and doing what's right for the customer. Our team will give you daily opportunities to use your ingenuity, drive, and passion to build world class, customer focused software.
Amazon challenges are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and countless products across the globe. Our path is not always easy so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on software development challenges at Amazon someone excited by the idea creating new platforms, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity at the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this is you, come build the future with us.
We are located in beautiful San Luis Obispo, CA, where most of the year is shorts weather, beaches are minutes away, there is an abundance of outdoor activities (hiking, kayaking, surfing) and you're surrounded by wine country.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C# or C.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong problem solving, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals.
• Experience in cloud computing, especially with Amazon Web Services. Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
• Experience developing RESTful web services and complex software systems that have been successfully delivered.
• Experience working with cloud architecture, web services, and web sites. Experience working with Linux.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team. You are the type of person that quickly wins the respect of peers, and jumps at the chance to share knowledge and mentor teammates.