We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical system software features. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Smarthome portfolio for the Echo line of products.
• Be responsible for the development and maintenance of Cloud-based data analytics services that provide insight and business intelligence into how Echo Products are being used
• Work with other team members to design novel customer features, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
• Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software
• Be a part of the team that delivers best in class audio on some of the most coveted electronics in the industry
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience
• 7+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
• 7+ years of demonstrated experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 7+ years of experience with best practices in C, C++ or Java
• Experience writing unit tests to deliver software that scales
• Experience integrating different wireless technologies into consumer electronics devices
• A proven track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory, storage, and CPU
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
• Development experience on multiple Linux platforms and mobile devices (Android, iOS).
• Development experience on AWS
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience building complex, multi-threaded system software that has been successfully delivered