Senior Software Development Engineer
The Service Frameworks team produces the software used across all of Amazon's business units to develop services. These services in return expose their functionality to websites, other services, tools and even external Amazon customers. As a Senior Software Development Engineer on the Service Frameworks team you will be depended on by every developer in Amazon to improve developer productivity and service performance and thus reduce cost and time to market of our online services. You will innovate, design, and implement solutions that provide common functionality and codify best practices for distributed software development. You will investigate, advocate, and contribute to open source projects that benefit Amazon developers when creating software that participates in our service oriented ecosystems.
As a Senior SDE at Amazon you will be responsible for designing and implementing great software both as an individual as well as through others. You will be expected to be brilliant and to bring out the genius in others. You will be a leader in code contribution and raise the bar across Amazon in both quantity and quality of code.
- Experience leveraging object oriented design practices in Java, C++ and or .Net.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline or industry experience.
- 6+ years of industry experience developing software.
- Experience developing or contributing to industry software frameworks (RestEasy, Jersey, Apache CFX, .Net, etc)
- Experience working with HTTP and application server technologies (Tomcat, Netty, Jetty, Nginx, etc.).
- Experience leading design and implementation of a large multi team development project.
- Experience operating online services.
- A desire to contribute to an environment where everyone wants to work hard, have fun, and to make history.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols and distributed computing
- Experience with algorithmic complexity analysis.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges to both engineers and business owners.
- Set technical direction and influence others when presented with a business challenge.
- Ability to mentor and develop other SDEs
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top