At Amazon, the Last Mile Technology organization is responsible for envisioning and developing cutting edge initiatives in delivering packages to our customers as fast and as cost effectively as possible. We utilize multiple delivery methods, business models and delivery station processes to achieve these goals. In 2019, we delivered 3.5 billion packages worldwide and continue to operate at increasingly large scale.
The Dispatch Automation team automates the dispatch process at Last Mile delivery stations, coordinating multiple planning and execution systems, such as route creation, package containerization and route to driver assignment. In addition to orchestrating the entire process, we own several individual planning systems, including route to driver assignment and route departure planning. The team's innovation focus is on continuous dispatch, launching orchestration in Sub-Same-Day-Delivery stations and Amazon Robotics stations recently launched.
As a Senior SDE on the Dispatch Automation team, you will utilize the latest AWS technologies to author automation tools and workflows, work with Principal Engineers to design fault-tolerant performant software, guide junior developers during implementation, and help set the team's business and technical strategy.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical abilities
• Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• High sense of ownership, self-motivation, and desire to delight customers
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• Experience defining system architectures and designs, exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs, and making data-driven decisions
• Experience in optimization algorithms development
• Proven experience establishing metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
• Ability to tackle big, challenging problems and resolve ambiguity in the customer's favor
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to develop all aspects of their engineering skill sets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us