Did you know that many of the products you buy on Amazon didn't exist before you have ordered them? The Amazon Books team is actively recruiting experienced Software Engineers for the Make-On-Demand (MOD) MAKE team located in Seattle, Washington. Join us as together we revolutionize the MOD industry, starting with books.
As a Senior Software Developer on the MOD-MAKE team, you will lead the technology strategy, architecture, design and delivery of software services that enable the world-wide network of manufacturing centers operate 24/7 and always at peak performance. We are looking for a talented and curious software developer to own the end-to-end solution that leverages cloud computing technologies, low-latency manufacturing device interactions, work orchestration, process control and the quality checks to ensure production of highest quality assets at maximum throughput with minimal waste.
You will have the opportunity to showcase your technical skills in the areas such as algorithms, object oriented design, distributed systems, IoT, low latency, high availability systems and much more. You will be responsible for contributing to the team's roadmap, mentoring engineers, and collaborating with a diverse group of business and technical partners to shape the future of our technology.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 8+ year relevant work experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
• Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Data Structures and Algorithms
• A deep appreciation of scalability issues and high volume data handling
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
- Strong problem solving, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience developing RESTful web services and complex software systems that have been successfully delivered.
- Experience working with cloud architecture, web services, and web sites.
- Experience working with Linux.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces, data stores, cloud technologies, and back-end systems.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
- You are the type of person that quickly wins the respect of peers, and jumps at the chance to share knowledge and mentor.