Are you passionate about finding patterns in seemingly disparate problems? Does working closely with the customers to drive innovation excite you? Interested in building high-performance, globally scalable systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solution and services we build enables Amazon's new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer for FinTech Payments Team. The Payments team at FinTech owns the technical platform responsible for millions of payments per month worth billions of dollars of payments each month to Amazon's payees across the globe. We build and utilize services and applications using AWS and other cutting edge technologies such as serverless application development, large scale event and data processing, machine learning for anomaly detection and automation at scale. We partner with financial institutions and other Amazon teams to leverage the best in class features that the banks and finance technology companies have to offer. We delight our payees by paying them when they want and how they want. We build software Applications that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually that rival the complexity and scope of dedicated payments Fintech companies.
If you are passionate about moving real money, paying people on time, innovating payments, using the latest and greatest technologies to help scale a system with 100% up-time, we have the opportunity for you!
As a Senior Engineer, you will play a leading role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex software systems. You will learn and explore new possibilities and leverage your experience to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems. You will communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You enjoy collaborating with others to increase the effectiveness of the overall team. Your code, design, and implementation decisions should set a great example to other engineers. You will also have the opportunity to impact the technical decisions in the broader organization as well as mentor other engineers in the team.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS or MS in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent
• 10+ years of industry experience in software engineering
• 5+ years of directly managing a team of software engineers
• Experience with object-oriented design and languages
• Experience architecting systems on AWS platform a strong plus
• Experience supporting Financial Systems is a plus
• • MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to about requirements, product features and technical designs
• Proven track record of leading software projects and influencing engineering best practices within the team
• Experience architecting systems on AWS platform and service oriented architecture
• Experience working with big data technologies