Are you passionate about the developer experience? Want to make an impact on how thousands of development teams build products? Do you have great ideas on how to build powerful, intuitive development tools? If so, we want to talk to you!
This is a Software Development Engineer role on AWS CodeArtifact, a managed artifact repository service from AWS Developer Tools. CodeArtifact supports the package managers and build tools that customers already use, such as npm, Maven, PyPI, and NuGet to make managing application dependencies and open-source components easier and safer. The service has a great foundation in place, but there's still a lot of work to do to fully realize our vision.
On this team you will play a leading role in the design, development, and operation of AWS Code Artifact. You will:
• Have software development teams as your core customers.
• Identify and eliminate developer pain points in multiple languages and toolchains.
• Iterate, test new ideas, and shape the future vision for software development on AWS.
• Learn, use and master core AWS and Amazon technologies
• Work closely with remarkable engineers and business leaders on hard problems.
Why join AWS?
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things.
AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether it's Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Development experience with Java-based web services
• Experience in the design, implementation and operation of large-scale distributed systems.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and testing.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and prepare technical designs.
• Experience with AWS products such as EC2, S3, ECS, CloudWatch and CloudFormation.
• Passion for building and improving developer tools.
• Expert analytic and problem-solving skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.