Come join an innovative team dedicated to building the next generation of web-scale infrastructure services that enable companies of all sizes, ranging from start-ups to large enterprises to run on EC2!
We are looking for a strong Senior Software Development Engineer who is passionate about working in cutting edge technologies, brings deep technical knowledge, and has experience with distributed systems to drive technical design and implement end-end solutions. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer and a self-starter who is excited to work on cloud scale software both as an effective contributor and technical lead. Will have a proven track record of architecting and building software in Go/Java/and/or C# and are excited to do whatever it takes to make these new services successful.
The selected candidate will play a critical role in design and implementation of strategic services for EC2 to help increase enterprise cloud adoption in general and Windows in particular. As part of our team, you will build new next generation services that will simplify how our customers and partners build, configure, and manage their Windows and Linux workloads in the cloud.
You will work closely with various pre-release Amazon technologies and build services that handle large scale, highly available distributed systems. As the key member of the engineering team, you will have an influence on our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product setting the ground work for successful next phases and beyond. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
• Be very hands-on and part of engineering team's day-to-day developer activities.
• Architecture, design, proof-of-concepts and implement projects end to end with high quality.
• Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership.
• Communicating with customers, technical teams and defining technical strategy.
• Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, genuine curiosity for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing in new technologies
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience in mission critical services, in depth understanding of operational excellence.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience in full-stack development using J2EE technologies is a plus.
• Passion for delivering a great customer experience for Amazon EC2 customers.
• Has relentlessly high standards.
• Results oriented.
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
• Is an evangelist who feels comfortable presenting to customers and at industry events.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.