Senior Software Development Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) Networking is looking for a highly skilled data plane engineer who wants to join the development of an exciting new distributed networking platform. Come help us build a fault tolerant, highly available, elastically scaling system that will power new customer facing products and develop into a critical piece of the core EC2 Software Defined Network (SDN). We want someone who's enthusiastic about the potential of cloud computing and building resilient, scalable and high-performance distributed services.
They can balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. They are comfortable in dealing with ambiguity, thinking big, and painting a bold vision for the team. They are excited to collaborate with extremely intelligent, motivated, and high-performance engineers. They have an ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly. We operate at scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must. We obsess over our customer, and require the candidate to share our passion in building and owning a product that delights our customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
• Familiarity with AWS and EC2, ideally with hands on experience
• Experience with operating systems, kernel development, Hypervisor, networking, embedded systems, packet processing, DPDK, or SRIOV is a plus
• Have a deep understanding of networking concepts and protocols
• Internet and operating system security fundamentals
• A passion for mentoring and teamwork
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
Back to top