Are you passionate about building Streaming Technology for Amazon? Do you want to solve complex problems in graphics pipeline for high speed streaming for our customers? If yes, join us on the Appstore Organization in Seattle. We're Streaming Technology Team part of Appstore in Seattle that are empowered and driven to build world class Streaming Experience for our customers.
We're looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to help us define & deliver Streaming Technology for Amazon. This person will help drive the technical decision making as well as deliverables for the Streaming Technology Team. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing new, exciting, and cutting-edge products consisting of backend services, frontend UIs, apps, scalable algorithms, and prototypes. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, scientists, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver this new initiative. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership and meticulousness. You should also be comfortable collaborating regularly with colleagues across many of Amazon's current businesses, including devices, retail, and AWS.
In this role, you will:
• Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class Streaming Experience.
• Solve difficult problems in the streaming domain and NAWS with elegant and practical code.
• Work backwards from customer problems, figure out elegant solutions, and implement them for speed and scalability.
• Be responsible for designing, developing and deploying complex projects.
• Utilize various metrics sources to deliver rapid iterations of software features.
• Collaborate with other engineers and scientists within Amazon.com to find technical solutions to complex design problems.
• Raise the bar on quality, consistency, maintainability, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great.
• Use your expertise to set a high bar for the team, mentor team members, set the tone for how to take on and deliver on large impossible-sounding projects.
• Participate as an engineering leader in the larger group of leaders in Devices Organization.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience in taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience developing and maintaining cloud software services designed for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Proficiency in solving problems using machine learning and big data analysis.
• Experience in mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Masters or PhD degree with equivalent experience.
• Software development experience in Linux environment.
• Innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers/stakeholders.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.