Senior Software Development Engineer
- Gdańsk, Poland
Amazon Business is one of Amazon's fastest growing new initiatives focused on building solutions to enable business customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our customers have different and frequently more complex needs than the traditional Amazon customer base.
The Account Management Services (AMS) team builds services for all Amazon programs to model the structure of an organization and to authorize its members to access program features and organizational data. Our primary focus is the Amazon Business (AB) program, providing a consistent experience in authorizing business members in their end-to-end procurement and administrative workflows, and authoritatively differentiating business buyers from retail customers.
We provide at Tier-1 scale a central repository for all organization data across Amazon programs so that customers need but once provide their organization's information and can benefit from consistent data across these programs. We do this by allowing programs to share organizational hierarchy and data to perform feature authorization. Our services and components are built to be commonly shared across Amazon program teams, so they do not need to repeat duplicate organization modeling and data storage, and can also avoid building redundant program features.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our team, you will have the opportunity to work with business partners, leadership and other software developers and drive our team's technical strategies, vision and architecture. You will design and build software that is highly available, performant, scalable, and extensible. You will raise the bar on operational excellence for our team. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
We use SCRUM, test-driven development, and continuous deployment to deliver projects based on realistic timelines and resource constraints.
We are seeking Software Development Engineers excited by this opportunity. If this sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language
• Minimum of 2 years' industry experience as a software development engineer
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top