Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to be a part of a technology team that enables one of the most profitable businesses at Amazon.com?
The Amazon Payments Products team is responsible for developing the platform and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers as well as support Amazon's global CoBrand and Private label credit cards along with the world's largest rewards catalog, Shop with Points. The technology we build and operate varies widely, ranging from large scale Distributed Engineering incorporating the latest from Machine Learning in the Big Data space to customer and mobile friendly User Experiences. We are an agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to millions of Amazon customers while having fun and filing new inventions along the way.
In this senior role, you will serve as a technical lead on our most demanding projects, responsible for driving the team's long-term vision and architecture, drive and shape roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team. Your challenge is to build large scale distributed systems that detect and sustain fraud attacks and imaginative ways bad actors try to go around to perform malicious activities. You will work closely with technical leaders and machine learning research scientists to drive the next generation fraud prevention systems utilizing the state of the art in machine learning, streaming applications, workflows and serverless solutions.
If protecting customers and fighting fraud using the latest technology in distributed systems at-scale sounds exciting, we would like to speak with you!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related area or 12+ years of industry experience
- 8+ years developing, production software in Java or C++
- 2+ years of experience in OO Design/architecture, Algorithms, Data structures and big-O analysis
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related area or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with payment processing, risk, and anti-fraud systems
- Experience working with Spring and relational databases (Oracle and JDBC/Hibernate a plus)
- 2+ years of HTML and web technologies
- Experience writing code in a high-volume, service-based architecture
- A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development
- A strong business and technical vision with the ability to translate these in business and technical approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Back to top