Senior Software Development - Amazon AWS Computer Vision Science
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Do you want to build computer vision, deep learning and machine learning systems at scale to solve document understanding? Come join the world-leading researchers, academics and research engineers in the AWS Computer Vision science team developing the algorithms and models that power Amazon Textract!
AWS, the world-leading provider of cloud services, has fostered the creation and growth of countless new businesses, and is a positive force for good. Our customers bring problems that will give Research Engineers like you endless opportunities to see your work have a positive and immediate impact in the world. You will have the opportunity to partner with technology and business teams to solve real-world problems, have access to virtually endless data and computational resources, and to world-class researchers and developers. As part of the team, we expect that you will help build innovative solutions to hard problems, and deploy them at AWS scale. You will also have an opportunity to publish at peer reviewed conferences and workshops.
We work on customer driven problems in the following domains: document OCR and scene text recognition, visual question answering, NLP+vision, extracting tabular data from documents, document understanding, and layout understanding.
A senior research engineer in AWS Computer Vision research team has the following responsibilities:
• Design and build reference architectures, or train/optimize models that enable science experimentation on complex problems with unknown definition and solution pipelines
• Design and guide the science team's implementation, enabling Science POC that help decide the ultimate science solution strategy, algorithm workflow, and the individual science components that become a release candidate
• Drive best practices in team [code, packaging, compute, deliveries]. Advise and drive implementation for research projects and act as a bridge between science and engineering for eventual productization of new algorithms
• Handle and implement research code for training and evaluation, apply and adapt known science methods
• BSc or MSc Degree in Computer Science, EE or related field
• Excellent knowledge of software engineering.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Python, C++, Objective C, or Java
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Experience building complex software systems, especially involving deep learning, machine learning and computer vision, that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Comfortable challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems
• Experience with deep learning libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, MxNet
• Research publications in computer vision, deep learning or machine learning at peer-reviewed workshops, conferences or journals
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top