Senior Software Developer (Java) - AMAZON ROBOTICS - North Reading, MA
- Boston, MA
Senior Software Developer - Amazon Robotics - North Reading, MA (Boston/Cambridge area).
The Senior Software Developer will code in Java/Python/Linux/AWS and assist in leading a development team and leading projects. This position involves a mix of software and hardware integration.
Is your passion inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work affects the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you will fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply innovative advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we cannot even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics (AR) Operations organization oversees the manufacturing of high-quality robotics and gets the right materials to the right place at the right time to enable our automated solutions. It's a fast-paced operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally, and is driven by data and performance indicators.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer to design, develop and test software that controls and optimize robotic movement control in a manufacturing setting. Amazon Robotics software facilitates test workflows, robotic control and data pipelines to create a robust test driven architecture and user interfaces. Our Senior Software Engineers experiment with AWS technologies and integrate them within our current software solutions using agile methodologies in a collaborative team environment. You will be expected to facilitate teamwork and lead discussions to simplify a complex, large project to parallel tasks in an ambiguous environment to enable faster responses and yield better outputs from product development through sustaining operations. If you can dream it and justify it, we will explore it.
• Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion
• Internalize our customer challenges and derive creative solutions which apply new and innovative technology
• Design and build business critical, highly available software components in a distributed architecture, connecting multi-tenant cloud services
• Create internal customer facing applications that innovate on usability and human computer interaction
• Design software with quality, robustness and Amazon sized scale as top priorities
• Prototype and test concepts or features, through simulation tools and emulators and also with robotic equipment
• Work directly with customers to test software prototypes and incorporate feedback
• Develop in object oriented languages with modern AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, Athena, internal Amazon development tools and more
• Collaborate cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Hardware Test Engineering, and other SW teams for test integration and configuration of hardware devices that are part of the software solution
• Apply SW best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, and testing
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 12+ years software engineering experience, including Java and/or C/C++/C#
• 10+ years of experience building successful products
• 10+ years of working knowledge of software engineering best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, design patterns, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Master's/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent industry experience
• 12+ years of software development experience
• Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
• Experience and knowledge in building software for large scale industrial systems
• Experience with hardware integrations tied to equipment and sub-assemblies
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Amazon, Amazon Robotics, Principal Software Developer, Principal Software Engineer, Senior Software Developer, Amazon Web Services, AWS, AWS, distributed systems, Java, Java, Boston, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Back to top