Senior Software Dev Manager - AWS Security
- Herndon, VA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security is looking for a passionate, innovative, results oriented Senior Software Development Manager to lead engineering, operations, and product management for an innovative set of security services. This includes customer requirements gathering, prioritization of the roadmap, defining, and implementing success metrics, coordinating information across AWS service teams, collaborating with technology partners, and evangelizing these services with our customer community. The AWS Security team is responsible for the security for all services offered by AWS including EC2 and S3. In this role you will manage a team of engineering leaders, technical program managers, security engineers and software developers and program managers to design, build, and operate security related services.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You seek to dive deep into details on business, operations, and engineering. You are a technical and detail-oriented leader who can build and grow organizations and other leaders. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. You will have the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology. You will work directly with AWS service teams, infrastructure, and administrative teams. You will build services, tooling and work with service owners and cutting edge technology to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges. You will excel at hiring and developing security focused software development managers and engineers and nurture and build the Security Leadership team of tomorrow.
You will act as a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach. You will be responsible for implementing a program vision for security across AWS while satisfying scalability, transparency and resource goals.
In AWS we are growing rapidly and we need leaders that are able to grow and scale their organizations at a rapid pace. You will need strong judgment. Our leaders have a lot of ownership and autonomy so they need to be right a lot. You will have to be obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience for security services on the planet. Finally, you'll need to be able to invent and simplify which is what we do every day on Amazon service teams. At AWS, we're reinventing technology infrastructure in the cloud. We need leaders that are able to look at problems in new ways, inventing simple solutions to complex problems.
• 10+ years of industry experience
• 7+ years of managing a team
• 5+ years of managing managers
• 5+ years of managing organizations larger than 20 people while still remaining hands-on
• 5+ years directly (not dotted line) managing engineering or 1 other job family (operations, product management)
• Security fundamentals
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 10 years of software development experience in a combination of any of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python or Ruby
• Minimum of 5 years working with the Linux operating system
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
• Have experience leading a highly technical team.
• Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments.
• P&L level ownership and launch of security services
• Deep knowledge of and proven development on AWS
• Breadth of experience working with cloud technologies and security controls.
• Proficient in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design and implementation experience
• Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications at massive scale
• Are comfortable generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency.
• Have a solid work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations; hands-on experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Have experience in the development of security products.
• Are comfortable designing and owning a product roadmap.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top