Senior Software Dev Engineer-WW Advertising & Marketing Ops
- Vancouver, Canada
Seeking a technical visionary who will help Amazon create a new vision from the ground up! This Senior SW Engineer will help create our roadmap, determine and advise on our technical direction, and lead experimentation to see what works.
Leading a team working in rapid prototyping and ideation, you will drive discovery, build and implement experimentation. Working with groups in Image Processing, AI and Animation systems, you will eventually move the project to a scalable E2E architecture.
As the Senior Engineer on the team, you will be a combination Architect, Dev Lead and Principle Engineer. And as a key member of the team, your deep experience in software development, data structures, SOA and cutting edge technologies will be key to our success. Your initial focus will be in defining solutions, creating prototypes and later in the product cycle, coding them and releasing them into production. As part of this role, you'll have the opportunity to work across many groups, working with from natural language processing, to , to advance animation systems and more.
This job will challenge you on various fronts - you'll need to have the ability to understand what it takes to launch large scale services and features that involve multiple teams. You will solve technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms just to name a few.
You will have direct ownership over the and architecture of new components aimed at creating new shopping experiences. We care about both delighting customers and high quality software; we don't sacrifice one for the other. We're looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of highly-scalable, global software solutions. In addition to this, you'll need to be able to influence and deliver exceptional user experiences across multiple platforms including mobile, living room devices, and the web.
In this role, you will:
• Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
• Lead cross functional development on new technology from through delivery
• Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
• Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
• 8+ years of experience in software development
• Bachelor's degree in /related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience with programming including , C++, C#, or C
• Technical leadership, solution architecture
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, analysis & , patterns and algorithms
• Experience in rapid iteration
• Excellent communication
• AWS expertise
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top