Senior Software Dev Engineer
- Santa Monica, CA
Role is Santa Monica, CA Based or Remote
Seeking a technical visionary who will help Amazon build the next-generation marketing technology to engage hundreds of millions of valuable customers with personalized and heart-resonating products, services and benefits, enriching the best-in-class shopping experience. This Sr. Engineer will help define our technology roadmap, determine our technical direction, lead execution of building and operating a highly scalable and maintainable engineering platform, and utilize measurement insights gained from experimentation to drive continued technology advancement via fast-paced iterations.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be a key team member within a team of talented and experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and innovative technology solutions delivering the best consumer-facing programs. Your focus will be in defining solutions, creating prototypes, distilling insights from big-data and experiments, developing reliable, scalable and maintainable solutions and achieving operation excellence in production. As part of this role, you'll have the opportunity to work across many groups, gaining deep insights into our entire business. For those who wish to learn and be curious (required), you will get a unique chance to dive deep into a variety of exciting new fields from super low-latency computing, to big-data, to , to artificial intelligence and other cutting edge frontier technology.
This job will challenge you on various fronts - you'll need to have the ability to understand what it takes to launch large scale services and features that involve multiple teams. You will solve technical challenges in optimization, hyper-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms just to name a few.
You will have direct ownership over the and architecture of new components aimed at creating future shopping experiences. We care about both delighting customers and high quality software; we don't sacrifice one for the other. We're looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of building highly-scalable, global software solutions. In addition to this, you'll need to be able to influence and deliver exceptional user experiences on the web platform.
In this role, you will:
• Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
• Lead cross functional development on new technology from through delivery
• Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
• Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Technical leadership, solution architecture
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, analysis & , patterns and algorithms
• Experience in rapid iteration
• Excellent communication
• AWS expertise
Back to top