Senior Software Dev Engineer
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many millions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised we would get it to them. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
Our environment is global and complex with a variety of software and systems, including industrial machines and protocols. We are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages which includes building custom hardware and applying machine learning, image processing, and real-time data processing using distributed systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled, experienced engineer to join a new 'Automation Technologies' team exploring and evaluating new robotic and Internet of Things technologies performing a range of tasks to expand to expand capacity and throughput of Amazon Fulfilment Centers. You will be writing software and tools that expedite testing, control and integration of a host of new sensors and automation equipment from a range of vendors.
As the software development engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical direction for a large software system. You will be working with a cross-functional team (software, controls, RF engineers) to prototype, design, and develop software solutions that span from on device solutions to large scale service oriented systems. You will also be responsible for coordinating the design and changes to a large range of systems owned by other software development teams within Amazon.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- · 5+ years of software development experience
- · Experience working in development team(s) that have delivered commercial software or software-based services
- · Development experience in Object-Oriented languages such as Java, C++ or C#
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- · Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities
- · Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
- · Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
- Master's/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- · 7+ years of software development experience
- · Experience and knowledge in building large automated industrial systems
- · Experience and knowledge in RFID technologies and systems would be a big benefit
- · Experiences of using AWS services, Relational Databases, SQL
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top