Senior Software Dev Engineer
- Bangalore, India
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who can build innovative & mission critical system software applications & tools. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of Amazon Search.
Amazon Search Science builds the core machine learning algorithms used by 100's of millions of customers worldwide to discover products to buy amongst billions of available items at Amazon.com
Search Training Analytics Data Intelligence Arena (STADIA) - STADIA team provides search and browse attributed user behavioural datasets that are used by search algorithms. Search Insights team has singular mission to improve relevance and search quality for Amazon customers. We will analyse peta bytes of data to enable Amazon Search to measure customer success metrics and identify ways to improve search. We run the Search Defects process to provide training data for defect classifiers, to help matching and ranking experimenters build and evaluate experiments for defect improvements, and to measure customers' overall defect experience with Amazon Search.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will create and maintain large-scale systems that will help us better understand customer behaviour, highlight pain points, and help identify opportunities to improve search for Amazon customers. The main focus will be to design, develop, and implement an array of full stack applications, data pipelines, analytics tools that will provide valuable insights into customer feedback and behaviour. The systems you develop will be instrumental in helping the Amazon Search team find and resolve issues and shape our product strategy.
You will be given significant authority and ownership, but also be supported with strong mentors. You will have the opportunity to work on software development using cutting edge big data technologies, while taking products and features from conception to production. You will work closely with a stellar team of engineers, applied scientists, business intelligence engineers, and product managers to ensure Amazon's data is a powerful and innovative business advantage.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in ML and/or statistics background is preferable
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
Back to top