Senior Software Dev Eng EMEA
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Scale at Amazon is, well, really big. There are few companies out there building at our scale and complexity, and even fewer in Europe. As a Senior Software Development Engineer (Senior SDE), you'll be part of a small group of diverse peers that make the Amazon magic happen. With ownership of existing software and building new products, you will lead the design and implementation of largescale efforts from the technical perspective. You'll not only code, but also drive the direction of the software architecture, and team practices. Our Senior SDEs enjoy a great deal of autonomy and are looked up to as leaders. In addition to owning the architecture of a larger product, you will lead code reviews, mentor engineers, and drive important technical decisions.
Senior SDEs at Amazon are above all problem solvers, those we trust most in making technical decisions for how we build our software. They know every line of code we write matters in building great products. As the technical experts on their teams, Senior SDEs come from all different backgrounds, some deeply specialized, while others have a more generalist background. In any case, they are able to keep an eye on big picture while still keeping a finger on the pulse of the details; using both to inform their architectural and design decisions. Senior SDEs also have an eye on the bigger picture and influencing business strategy. Product managers and non-technical stakeholders will depend on you to help balance technological demands and opportunities with business needs.
We have Senior Software Development Engineer positions available in our Berlin, London, Luxembourg, Dublin, Amsterdam and Madrid Tech Hubs.
• 8+ years experience building production software systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Expertise with object-oriented programming language (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python, Ruby, Swift)
• Design/development skills and experience driving projects from concept to prototype to production
• Experience working with databases, data processing, and analytic tools
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
Back to top