The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Senior SoC Security Architect, you will be responsible for defining security architecture of SoCs used in consumer electronics devices. You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary groups including System Architecture, Silicon Design, Software Engineering, and Security Engineering to drive all aspects of hardware security needed to protect our devices. You will define every aspect of hardware security for SOCs targeted for playing secure audio and video content; this includes definition of boot flows, key provisioning and management, secure storage, secure debug, mechanisms for protection against side-channel attacks, among others.
The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of secure boot flow, Digital Rights Management (DRM), popular symmetric and asymmetric cryptographic algorithms and should comprehend the system implications of doing complex security design.
In this role, you will:
• Develop architecture specification for a HW security module that addresses all identified threat models
• Prototype and evaluate algorithms and architecture using C/C++ based architectural models
• Define detailed architecture specification that is implementable and verifiable
• Work with other architects, designers, and verification teams to contribute, review, and provide feedback to relevant specifications and designs
• Document assumptions with technical clarity and communicate results
• Masters or Bachelors degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field
• 5+ years of experience in developing and delivering hardware security into production silicon
• Experience defining and implementing hardware security mechanisms, including secure boot, trusted execution environments
• Programming skills in C/C++ and scripting skills in Python, Tcl, and/or Perl
• Experience with ARM TrustZone or x86 security architecture
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
• Experience implementing secure storage, secure key management, and DRM
• Experience implementing datapath encryption/decryption
• Experience debugging system-level issues
• Experience in entire design flow from architecture to final silicon.
• Experience with design development using Verilog/ SystemVerilog
• Experience with design verification, synthesis, timing/power analysis and DFT
• 10 years or more of practical experience
• Experience with wide variety of low power design techniques
• Working experience with high performance industry standard buses like AMBA AXI4
• Experience in integrating third party IP blocks, building top level modules, defining clock domains and power domains
• Large breadth of knowledge from architecture through physical design
• Knowledge of FPGA and emulation platforms
• Knowledge of SoC architecture
• Proficient with writing automation scripts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.