Senior SEO Marketing Manager
- Seattle, WA
The SEO team at Amazon has end-to-end responsibility for one of the largest managed marketing channels in the world. Our team optimizes the Amazon retail websites for search engines and manages the landing page experience from search engines for our customers. We develop world leading, proprietary enterprise technology including an automated experimentation system for measuring and driving SEO changes. Our organization is comprised of Marketing, Product, Engineering and Business Intelligence teams, and we are truly international with members of our teams in Seattle, Palo Alto, London, Paris, Madrid, Dubai, Bangalore, Sao Paulo, Beijing and Tokyo.
We are seeking a seasoned Senior SEO Marketing Manager capable of driving commercial success at scale while increasing customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will lead the SEO Marketing program for Amazon.com. You will have a vision of what the business needs to succeed, and you will collaborate with SEO Managers WW on multiple projects at once to help achieve that vision. You will manage, investigate and report on the SEO business performance of Amazon's sites, run campaigns and educate and advise multiple stakeholders. You will have the curiosity to seek out potential opportunities or investigate anomalies in business performance, dive deep into Amazon's data lakes to evaluate them, and utilize your learnings and insights to devise strategies and experiments that validate them.
This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to leverage your understanding of SEO on behalf of one of the world's leading consumer brands. As such, this role requires a highly analytical mindset, a strong business sense, and robust problem solving skills. You will be equally comfortable thinking big, diving deep and rolling up your sleeves to validate hypothesizes. You understand how to perform SEO at scale, and work closely with product and technical teams to help scale your successful experiments at an enterprise level.
This role has responsibility for both strategy and execution, and as such, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of making data driven decisions, and working closely with technical, product and marketing teams to achieve success. The successful candidate will be a clear and persuasive communicator (both verbally and in writing) who is able to effectively communicate with internal customers and executive stakeholders across the company. To guarantee your success, you will be coached by a strong team of leaders in the SEO field, who will work with you on your strengths and weaknesses to guide you to success. This position will be located at Amazon's Seattle HQ only.
The Senior SEO Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
• Auditing and analyzing Amazon.com's SEO performance, identifying issues, finding root-causes, and experimenting with solutions to improve performance at scale.
• Directly responsible for understanding and communicating Amazon.com's SEO channel business performance to leadership and other stakeholders in weekly and quarterly business reviews, while collaborating with Amazon's international SEO Managers to help leadership understand Amazon's broader WW SEO performance.
• Managing and executing a robust search engine optimization strategy for Amazon.com, including creating a roadmap of experimental initiatives that can lead to scalable growth, and providing support for major events / initiatives
• Leading efforts to solve complex SEO problems, moving quickly to implement ideas and deliver results. You will dive into issues and incidents as they occur, perform ad-hoc cause and effect analysis to derive action plans for specific issues, find root causes, experiment with solutions at scale and/or help escalate them to drive to resolution.
• Conducting SEO experiments in US and / or in partnership with international SEO Managers, using rigorous approaches and measurement methods (A/B tests, statistical methods) to evaluate their effectiveness
• Working closely with product, technology and business intelligence teams to make sure the company's infrastructure, architecture, and site features support and enhance the effectiveness of our SEO.
• Contributing to company-wide knowledge sharing and engaging with stakeholders to determine optimal SEO improvements globally.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 4+ years' experience in the Search Engine Optimization field.
• Proven track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results and in a fast-paced online environment.
• Ability to drive clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses of marketing programs
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills, and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, drive rationale, discover root causes and identify opportunities
• Resourceful problem-solver with ability to excel in an ambiguous environment
• Proven track record in managing SEO projects from inception to completion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Excel and capable of manipulating data in order to perform both high level and more granular analysis. This includes familiarity with VLookups, Pivot tables, and other such functionalities
• Experience with Enterprise SEO
• Experience with SQL
• Composed, poised, and professional demeanor
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Ability to prioritize workload and deliver results against multiple deadlines in a fast-paced setting
• Strong attention to detail
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/ Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top