Senior Security Technical Program Manager
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you are done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we will charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: If you are interested in the fields of information security - from hardware to cloud services, and are passionate about making a positive impact by driving the delivery of projects that protect our customer data and earn their trust, this position will provide you with an interesting opportunity in an environment of rapid innovation. You will be responsible for driving projects focused on security improvements in Amazon Go overall service and client applications working with stakeholders across the group in Engineering, Product management to deliver highly impactful results.
In addition, you will be responsible for engaging with studios and external partners to define the security requirements to protect our licensed content and drive these requirements into solutions.
This is a senior role with group-wide (and industry-wide) scope where you will combine your subject matter expertise in security with your ability to work with internal and external partners (hardware vendors, device OEMs). Ideally, you have deep hands-on experience in designing low level hardware security systems on devices to server side security, including operating system, network layer security and web applications. A successful candidate needs to have excellent communication skills to share your knowledge with a diverse audience, from developers to technology executives. You will leverage your subject matter expertise to partner with other senior leaders in Amazon and AWS Information Security to drive strategy and architecture as it relates to security across Amazon Go.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of technical program management experience
- 10+ years of experience working in the field of computer security
- Technical expertise in security of web services, video content protection technologies, cryptography, network security protocols and operating system security
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines
- Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, product managers, and senior business leaders
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience driving large scale enterprise projects as a Technical Program Manager
- Experience working in industry standards groups, influencing external technology & business leaders
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top