Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
This role is open for Sunnyvale, CA, Redmond, WA and Alexandria, VA locations.
Have you wanted an opportunity to develop software for an advanced satellite broadband telecom service? The Security team owns the operational security of the constellation end-to-end. We provide the necessary infrastructure to establish secure communications and strong authentication, enabling the confidentiality for our customers and security for our constellation.
This team drives the research & development, deployment and operation of several mission-critical security systems for the Kuiper constellation end-to-end. You will work in a start-up like culture to bootstrap software systems focused on security, and help instill the security culture in the organization.
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer that has experience in leading the technical conversation, making design decisions and building large-scale, complex software. You will work with a diverse, multi-disciplinary engineering team to determine the requirements and set the bar for our security best practices and software development.
• Work with our peer teams and customers to design suitable software systems and interfaces to fulfill the mission needs.
• Design and develop software systems that meet the mission criteria and requirements
• Collaborate with your fellow team members to form a strong foundation for a software organization in Project Kuiper
• Help on-board and mentor new team members.
• Utilize AWS and other Amazon technologies to build high-available software services
Export Control Requirement
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in CS, CE, or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years delivering software in a production environment
• Experience developing distributed software systems in Java, Rust, GoLang or C/C++
• Experience in developing for cloud-native environments
• Experience in developing software for Linux
• Experience and detailed technical knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
• Master's degree with a specialization in information security
• Knowledge of current security threats, trends, and mitigations
• Experience in a lead role, including guiding and mentoring other developers
• Hands-on experience with satellite communications and management software
• Experience with low-level programming and embedded systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us