Senior Security Engineering Manager - Services
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development team that designs and engineers Amazon devices, from Kindle to Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in building and leading a top-notch team covering key Amazon services (such as Computer Vision, AppStore, Device Registration, Kindle, etc.) that support our consumer devices? Do you want to solve new problems and build solutions supporting IoT, Cameras, etc.? If you want to keep customers safe, then we have a job for you! Amazon's Digital team is growing and looking for a strong leader. You will be tasked in setting the strategic direction for key Amazon services while developing and taking the team to the next level. You will be responsible for the and customer trust covering services that supports our devices such as Echo, Kindle, Fire Tablet, FireTV, etc.
The team's goal is to enable business growth, drive innovation while keeping our customer's safe. Your team will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, , architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products (leading initiatives across the various product lines). Your focus will be to help teams their systems and customer experiences in a manner that upholds our high bar for customer trust. You will partner and work across disciplines including engineering, marketing, legal and business. Above all, you feel strongly about protecting customers.
Note: While the majority of our /Privacy roles are based in the Bay Area, CA and Seattle, WA areas, by applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Sunnyvale, CA, Austin TX.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
- 10+ years of industry experience with hands-on engineering experience
- 10+ years of risk assessment and enabling organizations making decisions
- 10+ years managing and building teams (including coaching and mentoring)
- 10+ years of experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- MBA or Master's degree
- A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results. When the resources are not immediately at-hand, you enjoy reaching out to a wide array of functional groups across an organization to get the information you need.
- Experience working with issues related to information security and privacy
- Experience managing cross functional technology, product management, QA and testing teams to deliver complex products
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions
- Experience triaging security risks/vulnerabilities and ensuring that they are properly understood by the business and fixed and/or mitigated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top