Senior Security Engineer, Elastic Load Balancing
- Chennai, India
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) security is our number one priority. Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) enables customers to build large scale highly available services.
ELB automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple targets, such as Amazon EC2 instances, containers, IP addresses, and Lambda functions. ELB provides the entry point for building hyper scale, fault tolerant applications. We believe in making security easy for our customers. We do the heavy lifting so that our customers can focus on building.
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to build innovative security solutions for one of the largest distributed systems on the planet. You will work across ELB teams to understand the security requirements and build reusable solutions which can be used across ELB. You will identify opportunities to integrate security at each step of our software development from design and development to production deployments and monitoring. You will work closely with senior technical leadership such a Principal and Senior Principal Engineers in this role.
This is a unique opportunity to influence security for a large scale service. A successful candidate will bring deep technical knowledge of security and software development expertise. You will need strong technical judgement and proven track record of building security solutions for large distributed systems.
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 8+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of experience with building security solutions and deep knowledge of software and network security issues
• 5+ years of coding experience in at least two of the following languages in C/C++, Rust, Java, Python and Ruby
• 5+ experience of integrating security into SDLC
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience building large scale distributed services
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top