At Amazon Web Services (AWS) security is our number one priority. Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) enables customers to build large scale highly available services.
ELB automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple targets, such as Amazon EC2 instances, containers, IP addresses, and Lambda functions. ELB provides the entry point for building hyper scale, fault tolerant applications. We believe in making security easy for our customers. We do the heavy lifting so that our customers can focus on building.
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to build innovative security solutions for one of the largest distributed systems on the planet. You will work across ELB teams to understand the security requirements and build reusable solutions which can be used across ELB. You will identify opportunities to integrate security at each step of our software development from design and development to production deployments and monitoring. You will work closely with senior technical leadership such a Principal and Senior Principal Engineers in this role.
This is a unique opportunity to influence security for a large scale service. A successful candidate will bring deep technical knowledge of security and software development expertise. You will need strong technical judgement and proven track record of building security solutions for large distributed systems.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 8+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of experience with building security solutions and deep knowledge of software and network security issues
• 5+ years of coding experience in at least two of the following languages in C/C++, Rust, Java, Python and Ruby
• 5+ experience of integrating security into SDLC
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience building large scale distributed services
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.