Senior Security Engineer
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you are done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we will charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than a big company. We will need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will help ensure our devices, applications, services, and systems are designed and implemented to the highest standards and resilient to the modern threats. If you enjoy analyzing the security of systems that span from hardware to cloud services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will lead in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews across all elements of this project's software systems.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and, given the size of this initiative, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of security engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in vulnerability testing and auditing
- Experience working with development team(s) that have delivered commercial software or software-based services
- Knowledge of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Familiarity with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques
- Development experience in Java, C++ or C
- Scripting skills (e.g., Perl, Python shell scripting)
- Knowledge of network and related web protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Security Engineering and Assurance methodologies e.g. fuzzing, static and dynamic code analysis.
- Experience with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques. Ability to write fully functional exploits for common vulnerabilities such as simple stack overflow, cross-site scripting, or SQL injection.
- Experience in using standard Security Assessment and Penetration Testing tools such as BurpSuite, Metasploit, and IDA Pro.
- Knowledge of technical security issues facing large multinational companies.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top