Senior Security Engineer
- Mexico City, Mexico
Amazon CloudFront is a content delivery service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. Our customers use CloudFront for fast and secure delivery of web/application content, on-demand video/music streaming, and live events streaming. Our team writes software that works flawlessly for millions of transactions every second and Exabytes of data transfer. Throughout everything we do, there's a core focus to relentlessly raise the bar on security. Our mission is to build and operate a better and secure Internet.
Amazon CloudFront team is seeking an exceptional senior Security Engineer to join our team. Security Engineers are unique individuals prepared to relentlessly resolve security issues by gathering and analyzing event data and conducting the root-cause analysis. If you enjoy analyzing networks, system services, operating systems, and applications from a security perspective, and you are skilled at discovering security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will participate in the design, build, and deployment of security controls and security-focused services as well as provide consultation, architectural review, risk analysis, vulnerability testing, and security reviews of many elements of Amazon's systems.
Responsibilities of this role include:
• Evaluate, architect, and code support security-focused tools and services
• Advise and consult with CloudFront software engineers on risk assessment, threat modeling, and vulnerability remediation
• Integrate knowledge of Cloud Security fundamentals, including cryptography and the shared responsibility model into adoption models and methods for internal customers and partners
• Use your solid understanding of authentication protocols, core network and system security principles along with your up-to-date understanding of modern attack patterns and methods to drive security into tools used by Amazonians every day
• Draw heavily on your experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from a variety of sources to create compelling written and verbal communications
If you are excited about the challenges and opportunities described here and you have the background and ability to write code, we'd love to talk with you.
We at AWS value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us can contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 5+years' experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration, and network security
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 5+ years of development experience in Python, Go, Ruby, or related languages
• 6+ years of experience with security engineering, system, and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
• Experience and detailed technical knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
• Master's degree with a specialization in information security
• Knowledge of current security threats, trends, and mitigations
• Experience with the mentorship of engineers
• Information security professional certifications encouraged (SANS GIAC, CISSP, etc.)
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top