Senior Security Engineer - Acquisitions
- Arlington, VA
At Amazon, we obsess over our customers and maintaining their trust. To earn that trust in an environment as vast and varied as Amazon's requires the applied skills of smart security engineers and experienced, innovative security leaders willing to tackle challenges at dizzying scales.
We are seeking Senior Security Engineers who want to help secure Amazon. If you're passionate about Information Security, have exceptional technical depth in one or more security domains, and want to join a large scale, fast-paced organization with global impact on millions of customers, then we'd like to talk to you. We are passionate in our desire to secure Amazon's environments and protect our customers' trust and unflinching in our resolve to hold the security bar high.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be responsible for enabling Amazon subsidiaries to seamlessly secure their environments through the delivery of innovative security solutions.
• Communicate effectively at multiple levels of management, building trust across the organization, and demonstrating discretion with sensitive information
• Identify and drive continuous process improvements at unprecedented scale
• Support and deliver scalable security solutions across our diverse subsidiary networks
• Strong desire to up-skill and self-develop to learn at Amazon scale
• Demonstrate and promote security best practices and influence others to do the same
• Perform threat modeling and turn that into actionable plans to reduce risk
• Evaluate security tooling, support the development of new tools, and deploying those tools at scale
This role can sit in multiple Amazon locations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Well versed in application security, infrastructure security, business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions.
• Technical knowledge in one or more security domain including but not limited to engineering, system and network security, authentication systems, and security protocols.
• 7+ years of progressive experience as a technical leader on high performance security teams
• Hands-on knowledge of information security technologies such as security design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, and software testing techniques
• Strong information security risk-based prioritization abilities
• BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency.
• Excellent leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Results-oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
• Information security professional certifications encouraged (SANS GIAC, CISSP etc.)
• Experience architecting, securing, and operating Amazon Web Services
• Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts for senior executives
Back to top