About the job
AWS isn't a start-up, but that doesn't stop us from acting like one. We set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We pursue unexpected paths and try to see things differently. We don't just sit back and watch the world change; we're the ones changing it. And we're on the hunt for curious and inventive builders who want to join a company where every day is full of challenging and meaningful work.
As a Security Consultant, you are a leader with previous experience in a Security role with significant experience that can dive deep and work with customers to address the security, risk, and compliance needs of their AWS migrations. You will guide customers on designing, configuring and deploying their cloud applications in using the latest cloud computing technologies and security best practices. deliver architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, and conduct customer/partner workshops.
In this role, you will spend most of your day interacting with several customer stakeholders, including developers, team leads, Security directors and C-Levels. You will contribute to customer adoption of AWS Cloud as they execute practical and useful solutions. You will work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially nationally. As such, you may be required to travel to customer locations to deliver professional services as needed.
This role will specialize in all aspects of information security management as well as business and regulatory compliance using cloud services in large-scale computing environments.
Our credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do. You will be dynamic and creative, willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact for our customers and partners.
• Manage large projects or smaller engagements independently using your business and technical skills
• Deliver Security best practices recommendations and highly technical implementations with cross-product integrations based on customer needs
• Share AWS best practices with customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and conduct one-to-few and one-to-many workshop sessions to transfer knowledge to customers
• Build deep relationships with our customers across the board and become a technical advisor solving complex Security, Risk and Compliance challenges
• Write or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blog posts
• Work with the AWS professional services leadership team to hire, develop, train, and promote the Security practice within AWS.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
• Experience in a customer-facing role driving customer technical implementations
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of stakeholders (technical or non-technical)
• Strong understanding of Security, Risk, and Compliance for large scale computing solutions with hands-on experience
• Ability to speak and write in English and French fluently
• Preferred Qualifications
• Hands-on experience with IT security, compliance and risk management project including privacy, controls
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST
• AWS Security certified or similar certifications or equivalent practical experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate core Security concepts to executives, IT Management, and developers