Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the 'Cloud Ambassador' across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
• Interact with leading engineers around the world.
• Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
• Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
• Drive customer communication during critical events.
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers' technical support experience.
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
WHY AWS SUPPORT?
• First and foremost this is a customer support role in The Cloud.
• On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer's cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
• Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
• Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
• Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
• We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
• Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
• As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, working hours and days are based on customer demand and may include weekends (on a rotational basis).
• Meet Allan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJVvrHo8E0
• Meet Luis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRXjESfmlhA
• Meet Kameliya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkdaVZlkwb0
• Meet Alexandre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMRGY196sjY
• Meet Theodoros: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTPWdseB_pg
• Meet Robert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uXCchOTdMM
The Cloud Support Security Engineer role supports our services that have a focus on enabling security specialists using AWS Services including Identity Access Management (IAM), GuardDuty, Shield, Key Management Service (KMS), CloudTrail, CloudHSM, Inspector etc. Within AWS, security is job zero, and we believe that solid security practices are the foundation for using the Cloud. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working with products targeted for security professionals and becoming the expert across the range of AWS services offered. You will be a leader in the global team of Support engineers focused on Security, developing the big ideas and digging into the small details of our largest customer issues.
• Expert experience of information security
• A broad range of knowledge and experience across application security, cryptography, penetration testing, network security etc.
• Expert knowledge of compliance programs and an ability to design implementation to comply (e.g. Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DDOS prevention and PCI, HIPAA, FIPS, etc.)
• Deep understanding of ability to troubleshoot security related protocols such as TLS, SHA, IKEv2 etc.
• Experience working with Hardware Security Models.
• Identify opportunities to merge Identity and Access Management systems and design a migration plan for an enterprise.
• Experience with securing cloud-based networks and data using cloud-native technologies like KMS, VPC, WAF etc.
• Experience handling and deploying cloud-based auditing services such as Config or CloudTrail and leveraging that data within SIEM software.
• Ability to demonstrate implementation steps for compliance programs such as HIPPA, PCI-DSS and GDPR using cloud-native services.
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
Amazon is committed to create a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. European Commission Equal Opportunities.