The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team is looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) who has a strong passion for security-at-scale. Our team works with development teams in AWS to ensure AWS code is secure. This is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at a massive scale.
As a TPM, you will help us build tools and processes that keep AWS code secure. Our team deals with immense quantities of code deployed across huge distributed systems, pushing the envelope on scale and advanced analytical techniques to find and mitigate security threats. We work closely with AWS's security analysts, incident response engineers, and automated reasoning experts. We take cutting-edge program analysis techniques from research and turn them into systems that find security problems at scale. You will help drive AWS Security's adoption of new automatic security analysis techniques to keep AWS secure while it expands rapidly. Your work will impact all developers within AWS and help us maintain the trust of AWS customers.
As a TPM, you will:
• Identify and drive projects to improve security in AWS code, whether through automation or education.
• Help shape the vision for how automatic program analysis will improve code quality at AWS.
• Drive engagement with AWS development teams and other security teams. Coordinate with partner teams and internal customers so that code analysis technology fits with the overall security assessment and improvement process at AWS.
• Drive investigations into security issues and identify opportunities for further automation to eliminate future issues.
• Resolve ambiguities and align team plans to minimize technical risk and maximize odds of project success.
• Develop and review requirements for security automation tools.
• Work with third-party tool suppliers to evaluate and integrate security automation tools.
• Track and report the team's progress using metrics that capture impact and value.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we are not focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we are happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
**This role is open to alternative locations including: New York, NY Boston, MA Seattle, WA - Vancouver, BC Canada - Herndon, VA Arlington, VA Portland, OR
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
• 6+ years of industry experience.
• 3+ years of management or TPM experience.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
• Knowledge of secure coding practices.
• Knowledge of static code analysis tools and techniques.
• Knowledge of web security analysis tools and techniques.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• An understanding of Web Services, especially AWS.
• Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Python, Rust, Go, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Security architecture experience within a professional services firm or similar environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
If you have additional questions, please contact Shae Tagami at firstname.lastname@example.org