At CloudFront, we have the unique opportunity to apply our global scale to the rapidly growing edge computing space. Edge computing is transforming the way data is being handled, processed, and delivered from millions of devices around the world. Edge computing enables moving compute, business logic, and data closer to the end-users, enabling rich, responsive applications with incredible performance at massive scale. We are looking for a technology leader in Seattle, WA to help in our mission to provide the most secure, flexible, and powerful edge compute platform on the planet.
An ideal candidate should enjoy the challenges of security and performance at a very high scale. This is an opportunity to lead a talented team which is expert on modern programming languages like Rust, Go and Python, and even the opportunity to work with and modify the Linux kernel stack to deliver the world's most performant and secure edge computing platform to push the boundaries of edge computing. A Leader in this role will interact with customers on a daily basis and closely work with the product management team to define the next set of innovations on behalf of AWS customers and also work with the sales and business development organization to grow the business. A successful candidate must have strong technical depth and ability to grow team, code, and customer outcomes at a rapid pace. Self-ability to directly work and manage other managers as well as junior and senior engineers along with a strong focus on operational and engineering excellence is a must. The leader of edge computing will not only lead the Lambda@Edge (https://amazon.com/lambda/edge/) team but also get the opportunity to grow the team rapidly to build a very large set of additional edge compute offerings.
If you enjoy startup culture and want to grow into a business owner role, you will enjoy this service leader role!
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• 7+ years of experience writing code
• 7+ years of experience in engineering management
• 5+ years of experience of working on a very large scale secure system
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• Strong object oriented programming skills
• Ability to directly lead and manage junior and senior Software Engineers
• Ability to recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Engineers at different levels of experience
• Experience owning all operational metrics and operational excellence for teams' software
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Experience working on , Internet performance, or Internet security
• Has a track record of team building, agile processes, and service development
• Has taken software products and services from inception to being used by millions of users
• Has a track record of successfully participating in roadmap prioritization with product management; able to successfully communicate complex topics to customers and business executives alike
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.