Ring is looking for a Senior Software Testing Engineer to join our application team focusing on the Ring Alarm product. As a Software Test Engineer, you will engage with cross-disciplinary teams to build a robust testing framework. You will define the overall design and implement our test strategy. You will partner with software engineers working on the Ring Alarm product to ensure manual and automated test coverage enhances quality.
Our engineering team is full stack in the truest sense of the term, from web and mobile applications all the way down to firmware and electrical engineering. Your ownership can span across the application, device framework, connectivity stack, and drivers.
• Apply quality engineering standard methodologies to define a test strategy based on business requirements, architecture, and technical specifications.
• Consistently drive the quality and health of our solution with an appreciation of quality code and development processes.
• Create and implement testing methods, record results, and provide recommendations to improve quality.
• Build an automated test suite that supports component, communication, and functional validation
• Perform and execute end to end validation of components and lower-level changes.
• Collaborate across teams to understand release level changes, requirements, and use cases to execute and improve test plans.
• Work with the hardware team to integrate and test devices, as well as ensure quality integration of hardware, firmware, and software
• Implement key metrics to assess overall system health and testing process.
• Develop dashboards using Datadog, Sisense, Tableau, or similar tools.
• Build and maintain test environments/farm to support automation and test scenarios.
• Dig deep to diagnose and resolve issues by reviewing logs and using debug tools (for example: using sniffer traces, network traces, etc.).
• Monitor release updates and deployment for quality and trends.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with test case and test plan development.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with test execution and management tools.
• 3+ years of software development experience.
• 3+ years of experience in IoT product testing including mobile apps, device, and end-to-end usability.
• 3+ years of experience with scripting and creating automated tests.
• 3+ years of focus on quality assurance, testing frameworks, and technologies.
• 3+ years of experience working with a Linux environment.
• 3+ years of experience working in an agile software development environment.
• Knowledge of IoT technologies, configuring, programming, and troubleshooting IoT devices.
• Deep understanding of IoT test strategies and frameworks.
• Expertise in developing test plans, test cases, and executing tests on a variety of platforms.
• Working knowledge of building and using test automation frameworks.
• Experience defining quality metrics and improving the testability of the overall solution.
• Experience with networking, communications, and IoT solutions.
• Knowledge of Z-Wave, Zigbee, or other IoT RF protocols.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collaborate with others to solve tough problems that go beyond your own skillset.
• Experience using tools such as Kibana, Splunk, Datadog, Sisense, or Tableau to review, log, or create visualizations for gathering system metrics.
• Understanding of embedded development constraints and system performance.
• Passionate about gadgets, IoT, and smart devices.
• Familiar with Software Life Cycle Management (SLCM) and software best practices.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.