- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, Big Data analytics, and infrastructure operations/management? Join the Amazon's Business Data Technologies (BDT) Infrastructure Lifecycle Management team to build large-scale infrastructure services using Big Data analytics and AWS technologies.
You will enable our customers to use secured, cost-aware, and scalable infrastructure lifecycle management services without requiring every developer to become an expert in infrastructure operations/management, deployment technologies, and lifecycle management. The best part of working with Amazon Infrastructure lifecycle team is the chance to help customers solve exciting new challenges and create new cloud operation/management experiences that power Amazon's diverse infrastructure. Our customers are innovators and builders, and you will have the chance to work with them to understand their challenges and design new offerings. Together, we will shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry.
We are looking for software developers who long for the opportunity to design and build large-scale systems with global impact. We need your help to build a system that will operate and manage 1000's of infrastructure resources in AWS. You will make applications that leverage big data technologies and machine learning to optimize infrastructure operations/management, improve user productivity, and secure infrastructure. You will work closely with Product Management to best address our customers' needs and help shape the product for success by creating engaging and dynamic experiences.
What does it take to succeed in this role? You need to be creative, responsible, and able to dig deep into AWS emerging technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural improvements, and the customer perspective in the source of a single conversation. You have a deep mastery of programming languages, distributed system design, and performance.
As a software development engineer on this team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of BDT's Infrastructure Lifecycle Management Framework.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working backwards from the customer translation complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Deliver systems and features on schedule with high quality
- Stay current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
- Mentor of junior engineers
- Work across teams to drive overall technical strategy
To get a better idea on the work we have done read the following use case stories:
Come help us build for the future of big data analytics!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• BS degree in higher in Computer Science or Mathematics.
• 6+ years of relevant industry experience including work with algorithms, distributed systems and optimization.
• Java or C++, Linux/Unix, Perl and UNIX tools
• Strong customer focus
• Deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping great software on time in a fast paced environment.
• Experience defining mathematical models to address optimization using a fitness based approach focused on delivering solutions.
• Track record of delivering solutions that optimize against available resources to save money.
• Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems.
• Experience with the AWS product suite including S3, Redshift, DynamoDB or RDS
• Experience with Data Lakes and/or Large Storage Systems
• Experience with MapReduce technology
• Experience with Apache Spark, Hive and/or Presto
• Experience with Scala
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top