Senior Safety Specialist - Amazon Air
- Perth, Australia
Please send your application in English.
Here at Amazon we are currently looking for an experienced Senior EHS Specialist to join the team and play a critical role in managing the health and safety within Amazon Air Operations. The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in operations safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the site provides to our customers.
• Assisting with the delivery of safety performance and monitoring, in line with personnel, team and functional goals and objectives
• Facilitating and/or arranging training programs on critical WHS issues
• Supporting the implementation of WHS programs within Operations, while delivering key risk assessment activities
• Driving compliance with local and EU legislation
• Ensuring that WHS systems are kept accurate at all times, with completed incident reports, alongside all supporting documentation
• Assisting the WHS Manager with the construction of incident prevention programs
• Contributing to requests for improvement of on-site safety and positively impact accident trends
• Preparing responses to insurers or solicitors in response to any personal injury claims
• Participating in the Safety Audit Programs
• Assisting with the coordination and training of new Health and Safety team members
• Acting as a proxy for the WHS Manager, as and when required
• Arranging, facilitating and contributing to site Safety Steering Committee meetings
• Arranging and conducting basic surveys and checks in the environment, looking into facility processes, Health and Safety supplies as well as employee behaviors.
• English and German business fluency are required.
• Must be experienced "Fachkraft für Arbeitssicherheit" with significant H&S Management experience, preferably gained in a warehouse environment.
• Educated to degree level.
• Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
• Used to operating at all levels of the organisation.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills - result orientated and tenacious.
• An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & DE H&S legislation.
• The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
• Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation.
• You possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies
• Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top